Author Topic: 2014 Olympic Winter Games  (Read 3348 times)

Offline Marian vonTeese

• Global Moderator
2014 Olympic Winter Games
« on: February 07, 2014, 19:13:10 »
Hi mates,

I want to open this topic about Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games ...

- here we are.... do you have a favorite winter sport ?

My favorite sport is ice hockey (after rugby :) ); at this edition I'm betting my "money" on Sweden or Canada ....

secondly, I like biathlon and I will watch with interest the "evolution" of  Darya Domracheva from Belarus

... don't forget the cross-country skiing were Norway rules :)

- - - - -

What do you think ?

Marian
ďThe passion and the enthusiasm for this game, itís never waned. Itís in the blood. Itís a big part of my life and I feel privileged to be in the role that I am in, I love it.Ē

Offline Marian vonTeese

• Global Moderator
Re: 2014 Olympic Winter Games
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 21:56:10 »
Hi mates,

BLOODY HELL !!! YESSSSS!  :o

Dasha Dazzles; Powers to Pursuit Gold

I'm soooo happyyyy.... After the first day when Darya Domracheva finished on 9 in Women's 7.5 km Sprint, yesterday was a big day for Darya, winning the Olympic Gold in Women's 10 km Pursuit

SOOOOO HAPPYYYYYYY  BEER FOR EVERYONE  :o

Marian
ďThe passion and the enthusiasm for this game, itís never waned. Itís in the blood. Itís a big part of my life and I feel privileged to be in the role that I am in, I love it.Ē

Offline Marian vonTeese

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 17:21:48 »
Hi mates,

BLOODY HELLLLLL  YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!

Dasha Dashes to Second Gold Medal; Wins 15K

Fastest on the Tracks
Darya Domracheva of Belarus buried the field with her peerless skiing this evening to capture her second Gold medal of these 2014 Olympic Winter Games. Her time of 43:19.6, with a single penalty, was 1:15.7 ahead of Silver medalist Selina Gasparin of Switzerland, who shot clean. Domracheva's teammate Nadezhda Skardino also shot clean to claim the Bronze medal, 1:38.2 back. This was the first time that Belarus has ever won two medals in an OWG competition.

SOOOOOO HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY AGAINNNNN :)

Marian

Offline Goshdarnit

• Super-Pundit!
  • IRF Challenge Cup Grand Slam Winner
  • Sith
  • Scotland for the Cup! Any Cup!
    • Street Scene - www.suzuki-gsr.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 20:23:56 »
Are you from Belarus?

Offline Marian vonTeese

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 22:27:57 »
Are you from Belarus?

Hi mates,

ня (nia) NO

I'm from Romania, but besides ice-hockey Biathlon is my 2nd winter favorite sport. In the last six, seven years I "watched" the evolution of Darya Domracheva on tracks; and I'm a bit surprised by these two Olympic gold medals (in a good way. She is one of the favorites at the gold medals), and very happy ....

Marian  :o
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 22:54:02 by Marian vonTeese »

Offline Marian vonTeese

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 22:54:12 »
Hi mates,

BLOOOOOOODY HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS AGAIN  :o

Dasha Dominates; Triple Gold Medalist

Darya Domracheva of Belarus made Olympic Biathlon history today, winning the women's mass start and becoming the first woman to win three individual Gold medals in a single Olympic Winter Games. Her 35:25.6 time, with a single penalty, was 20.2 seconds ahead of Silver medalist Gabriela Soukalova of Czech Republic, also with one penalty. Tiril Eckhoff of Norway with an outstanding last loop claimed the Bronze medal, with one penalty, 28.3 seconds back.

VERYYYYY HAPPYYYYYYY

Offline Goshdarnit

• Super-Pundit!
  • IRF Challenge Cup Grand Slam Winner
  • Sith
  • Scotland for the Cup! Any Cup!
    • Street Scene - www.suzuki-gsr.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 11:50:08 »
Hi mates,

ня (nia) NO

I'm from Romania, but besides ice-hockey Biathlon is my 2nd winter favorite sport. In the last six, seven years I "watched" the evolution of Darya Domracheva on tracks; and I'm a bit surprised by these two Olympic gold medals (in a good way. She is one of the favorites at the gold medals), and very happy ....

Marian  :o

Ah OK. Was just wondering. Good to finally know! :)